Balls out

       


       Well, I know you have all been patiently waiting. I apologize life got crazy and left me exhausted without energy to give you all the not-so-juicy-details! Ok, so let's go back to January 2018... January 26, 2018 to be exact. Dan decided after IVF attempt #2 failed due to our rogue egg that he would just schedule his surgery to fix his over-cooked balls (varicocelectomy). So, I said... Sure why not? Nothing is going as planned and we are already doing IVF so who cares.
       Did you know it takes 3 months to see any improvements to sperm health or quality? 3 month! So, all those supplements I MADE him take starting September 2017 should have been working by December, which did not help us or his numbers much at all. So- what would this do other than possibly help us decrease the overheating causing the DNA fragmentation in the sperm that are already in production? WHO KNOWS! We are pretty much saying who cares, why not spend more on this, sure why not to almost anything thrown our way at this time!
       Bright and early Friday morning we went in to have Dan's Varicocele repaired in hopes it would help in some unknown way. Of course we did not even mention it to our RE. NOPE! Just balls out and went full throttle. I was on a tight schedule as I was about a month out from starting many new hires that I needed to be there to train.. so no time to pause and wait. WE NEED TO MAKE SOME BABIES with SCIENCE! But nothing is going as planned these days so why even plan anymore?
So Dan went in got all ready in a closet sized pre-op area (NOT JOKING!). Then we waited.... waited.... and oh yes we waited until 10am! We arrived at 6am- for surgery to start at 9:30. So silly! Once Dan's Reproductive Urologist showed up it was go time! A kiss, a good luck, and a butt slap to the OR he went.
      Within an hour he was out of surgery and I had to wait until he was awake and ready to be discharged home to go back there. I did not care for how that was handled, but everything else was amazing there. So, I go back to find my husband in a wheelchair, fully dressed, and looking a hot mess. HAHA...it was great, hair looking a mess with the biggest smile on his face and throwing up a hang-loose to everything! It was memorable and made me smile. Going through all of this I thought it would be me coming out of anesthesia, looking a hot mess, and rambling about who knows what! Well, he sure handled it well overall (I don't handle anesthesia very well).
      The day of surgery went smoothly, limited pain, and he was moving around like nothing happened. Over the weekend he did well, especially after unexpected news of needing to take Brielle for the weekend (her baby sister was making a entrance into the world!).
      And so now we wait... we will recheck his numbers with the next go ahead for IVF.

Comments

Popular Posts