We are really doing this... There is a baby in there!

There's a baby in there! Still to this day, I am in complete shock and awe how this happened. (I mean we KNOW how it happened).  As I am finally able to sit down and type this up I am still wondering..

Let me take you back to the first trimester...
February 3, 2018 before I was even late I had tested positive and to my surprise the positive line just kept getting darker and darker. From literally the moment my body knew I was pregnant I started having food aversions, all day nausea, and vomiting. I was never this sick with Brielle. I had nausea at around 6-7 weeks with Brielle and it ended around 14-15weeks. Well, this little one made me work for him every single day. I said very early on, around 4weeks, I will do whatever it takes to bring a healthy baby into this world. Well, here I am 25 weeks pregnant and still struggling with all day nausea, food aversions, and still wanting to vomit at least 4x a week. I still standby my statement, though I am often miserable, gagging, and just want to feel "normal" again.

I was stubborn, shocking, for the first two weeks and did not eat much for the first two weeks. When we went to our 6week appointment, my doctor prescribed me Diclegis, but I felt I was cheating, so I only would take it at night. Well, by week 8 I was so sick and miserable, my husband told me I need to be taking all 4 doses each day. So, I did, but I still was just as sick, exhausted, and vomiting. We never got a before pregnancy weight other than when I was last measured while going through IVF, which wasn't always accurate because all the hormones make you very bloated. They said oh well you are doing ok, you're not losing weight, but really no one really knew. I kept attempting to eat, but that often met a couple bites and then that was it. I barely ate and vomited or wanted to vomit every night, but held it in. I would fall asleep at 630pm almost every night to try and stop feeling this terrible nighttime nausea I had. I was hopeful that this would only last to 14 weeks and then I would feel better. However, at 16 weeks I was still vomiting and my loving husband got a few pictures to remember these special moments. (I have never seen it..) I have started taking Pepcid 40mg to help with  the acid reflux that joined in from everything being squished together. Fast forward to today, 25 weeks, and I feel better than I did in the first trimester, however, I continue to have nausea almost everyday all day, aversions, and wanting to vomit way too often. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.. its delivery!

I will continue to find the positives in everyday and do my best to be grateful and thankful for this little miracle little boy. He is growing well, very active, and keeping me on my toes already.

If I have looked a hot mess, been grouchy, or not reached out to you, this is a huge reason why- every single day is a struggle in it's own way. My family has suffered. My daughter has been so patient with me and so sweet in helping me.  My husband has been extremely patient with me in so many ways. Work has kicked my butt, as it doesn't pause when I don't feel well. Social life... what's that?

As we continue through the second trimester with me feeling like I am still in the first, we look for the positives, we praise the times I am able to eat a full meal, we appreciate when I am able to complete home chores, and thankful for the times we have being able to grow this sweet boy.

So, I leave you with a few photos....



Baby L is a BOY! 

Big Sister so excited to have her Baby Brother 

 14 weeks 

Baby is the size of a Lime 
Week 24: Always has his hands by his face and playing with this umbilical cord. 



*There have been no weekly tummy shots to watch the progress...SO SICK for the BEST reason! 

Comments

Popular Posts